GRAPHICS DESIGN CERTIFICATE
Desktop publishing software is a tool for graphic designers and non-designers (that is,anyone) to create visual communications.
Today, desktop publishing includes much more than just print publications. It's publishing as PDF or an ebook. It's publishing to blogs and designing Web sites. It's designing content for multiple platforms including smartphones and tablets.
Properly speaking, desktop publishing is the technical assembly of digital files in the proper format for printing or for electronic distribution. It is a technological tool for improving communication, delivering information, and saving time. It allows businesses to create pieces for marketing and internal communications more quickly and efficiently and deliver that material in a multitude of formats.
THINGS TO DO WITH GRAPHICS DESIGN
Graphics design (desktop publishing) can be:
- designing print communications such as brochures, fliers, ads, and posters
- designing print communications such as catalogues, directories, and annual reports
- designing logos, business cards, and letterhead
- designing and publishingnewsletters, magazines, and newspapers
- designing books andbooklets
- converting print communications to formats for the Web and smart devices such as tablets and phones
- creating resumes and business forms (including invoices, inventory sheets, memos, and labels)
- Self-publishing (books, newsletters, ebooks, etc.)
- designing and publishing blogs and Web sites
- designing slides shows, presentations, and printing handouts
- creating and printing greeting cards, banners, postcards, candy wrappers, andiron-on transfers
- making digital scrapbooks and print or digital photo albums
- creating decorative labels, envelopes, trading cards, calendars, and charts
- designing packaging for retail merchandise from wrappers for bars of soap to software boxes
- designing store signs, highway signs, and billboards
- taking work designed by others and putting into the correct format for digital or offset printing or for publishing online
- creating more attractive, readable reports, posters, and print or on-screen presentations for school or business
Why everyone needs to know Graphics Design
No longer exclusive to graphic designers, desktop publishing software is found in offices (and homes) and on the computers of employees who know nothing about the ins and outs of graphic design.
Homes and small businesses may utilize consumer-level desktop publishing software packages designed for non-designers while freelance graphic designers, graphic design firms, corporations, and print shops utilize high-end applications designed for professional and high-volume use.
Today's employers often expect employees to crank out employee newsletters, create interoffice memos and business forms, generate PDF manuals, design Web pages, and do a multitude of print and digital communications tasks that were once put into the hands of graphic design firms or in-house design departments.
What does the course cover?
- Image Editing
- Microsoft Publisher
- Corel Draw
PREREQUISITE: Computer Operator Certificate
You will get:
• Hands-on practical sessions during every class
• Internship Opportunity after graduation (Optional)
Next Batch: November 13th, 2017
Duration: 4 Months
Time: 10am daily
Location: Suite 103 MKK Complex
22 I.T. Igbani Street Jabi (Beside Vinee Gas Plant)
How to enrol
• Kindly make payment online
For Enquiries, call: +234 811 041 1980, +234 818 614 6895