Report writing is an important skill to develop as it is a common form of writing at university and in many business position. Reports communicate information which has been compiled as a result of research and analysis of data. Reports can cover a wide range of topics, but usually focus on transmitting information with a clear purpose, to a specific audience.
Good reports are documents that are accurate, objective and complete. They should also be well-written, clearly structured and expressed in a way that holds the reader's attention and meets their expectations. Sadly, the trend is poorly written reports that are time consuming and frustrating to the person who requests for it.
Attend this 1-day Intensive Workshop on Report Writing where you will learn to write effective reports. You will learn to write different types of reports, reports in the workplace, stages and language of a report, content and organization of a report, common errors in reports and practice exercises. We are also giving out valuable tips including getting your report accepted at first submission.
- Write and edit reports with greater purpose
- Approach report writing in a systematic manner
- Organise information gathering in a time-efficient and logical manner
- Structure documents using a hassle-free scripting process
- Plan the report presentation to maximise impact and advertise your professionalism
- Prepare reports to withstand hostile readings
- Identifying the principles of effective report writing
- Analysing sample reports
- Profiling the target readerships
- Planning and clarifying the terms of reference
- Preparing the process: the writer, the reader and the information
- Time managing the reporting process
- Selecting relevant information
- Deciding on layout and the most effective use of each report section
- Differentiating between fact, analysis and opinion
- Developing a reader-friendly writing style
- Writing clear, concise sentences
- Concluding and recommending within the agreed remit
Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded upon successful completion of the course.
Fee: N 40,000 Deal: N20,000 (Ends December 5th 2017)
Date: 9th November 2017; 7th December 2017
You will receive a mail from us as soon as we have confirmed your successful transaction.
For Enquiries, call:+234 811 041 1980, +234 818 614 6895