Resume Writing and Interviewing Skills
Have you ever wondered why you are not invited to that job interview you put so much effort in during the application phase? Did the HR receive your application? What details do they look for to determine who should be shortlisted for interview?
As an entrepreneur and employer, I have reviewed thousands of cover letters and CVs and have come to the conclusion that most graduates and applicants do not understand what the difference between a CV and Resume' is; or when to use either. Yes! They are different. There are do's and don'ts in writing a CV and a resume'. There are also myths surrounding how to approach a prospective employer about your job options.
You do not necessarily need a professional to review your CV or Resume' for you. How long will you keep at it? Join us in this one day hands-on seminar to review your CV or Resume', gain in-depth understanding of the interview process, how to develop a job search strategy, the interview process and so much more.
Target Audience : Recent Graduates, Youth Corpers and Job seekers.
Module 1: Student to Professional
- The various Phases of Reality Shock
- Characteristics of a Professional
- Importance of Communication
- How to Write Effective Emails
- Do’s and Don’ts of Email Etiquette
- Telephone Etiquette
- Meeting Etiquette
- Body Language
- How to be Open to Feedback
- Various Questioning Techniques
- Key Elements of Active Listening
- Characteristics of a Good Team Player
Module 2: Resume writing skills
- What is a Resume
- Importance of a Resume
- Differentiate between a Resume and Curriculum Vitàe (CV)
- Elements of a Resume
- Do’s and Don’ts of a Resume
- Steps To Write a Resume
- Recruiting Myths and their Solutions
- Rules of Resume Writing
- Need for Multiple Versions of a Resume
- Qualities of a Good Resume
- Types of Resume
- Tips for an Effective Resume
Module 3: Job Search Strategies
- Define Job Search
- Steps of an Ideal Job Search
- Role of Networking
- The “hidden” Job Market
- Job Search Rules to Break
- Evaluating an Unsuccessful Job Search
- Mistakes to Avoid
- Tips for Effective Job Search
NB: Remember to bring along a copy of your current CV/Resume' for review.
And tell a friend
: Tuesday 21st November 2017
Time: 10am prompt
Fee: N10,000(Covers Writing Materials, Course Ware and Lunch)
Early Bird: N7,500 on or before November 15, 2017.