ESSENTIAL ICT SKILLS FOR THE OFFICE
In today’s technologically oriented economy, it’s no surprise that employees with strongcomputer skillsfare better in the job market than their tech challenged counterparts. This trend influences hiring for virtually all jobs, not just technology-centered positions.
What Skills Do You Need?
If you are in the market for a new job or formulating your professional development plan to position yourself for future career growth, then you should assess the technology preferences of employers in your field. If your skills need refreshing or you need to acquire a new skillset.
You stand a better chance of getting employed if you can format documents expertly, organize spreadsheet information, conduct dynamic presentations or prepare materials for bosses and colleagues, organize and manipulate data through programs like Microsoft Access, perform advanced functions with email programs like Microsoft Outlook, leverage social media to convey messages about their organization and execute other complex functions. Some other important skills for the workplace include business communication and writing skills.
What will you get out of it?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
• Know how to use a computer for different purposes
• Understand the internet and how to send emails
• learn to type as fast and easy as possible in a fun way
• Have a rare opportunity for internship to put your skills to test as well as learn how to work in a corporate environment.
What does the course cover?
Module 1 – Computer Basics
- Introduction to Computer
- Working with Windows 7 OS
- Working with Windows 8 OS
- Working with Mac OS
- Computer Maintenance
- Effective Email
- Using the Internet
Module 2 – Touch Typing
- Use Typing Software to improve your wpm typing skills
- Type without looking at your keyboard
- Reduce error in typing
Module 3 – Microsoft Office
Hands on Practical Sessions
Duration : 3 Days
Date: 9th - 11th January; 26th - 28th February; 21st - 23rd March 2018